- I wrote a bunch of shoddy sentences today and one that I sort of like: “She’d decided not to think about it, but in her not thinking existed all the decades of her living.” I had a professor in grad school who LOVED to talk about unpacking sentences (swirling hand movements optional). This one is perhaps only carry-on sized but serviceable for sure.
- I’m finally reading the Wisdom of Solomon and the Wisdom of Sirach, thanks to Carlie who randomly bought me an Orthodox study Bible for Christmas. I love how—even when we’re not very good about talking regularly—we still end up chewing through the same sorts of thoughts around the same time in life. Companionship is a good thing.
- I’m also glad Carl and I are going to be out tonight and therefore cannot watch the Wings game. Their doom is assured. I don’t need to see it. I’ll catch up with them in October. Stupid Wingies.
- I finally made a juicy pork chop last night. Breaded, fried, and finished in the oven. Cheers for me.
- Pilates is kicking my butt. All known muscles in my arms and legs are now sore. By the end of four weeks, I will either be toned or I will have quit. Let’s be generous and refrain from calculating the odds, shall we?