- I actually got up on time. I went to the bank, got the oil changed, and ran other auto-related errands—meaning that it’s one o’clock and I’m NOT wearing pajamas. I may not have showered, but I’m wearing real clothes and even a scarf artfully tied. Small victories, my friends.
- Cabernet sauvignon is an amazing finish to sauteed mushrooms. I’m not much of a wine person because I hate the taste, but we bought some for a recipe over V-Day… and it’s been sitting there ever since. Sit no more, my friend. After lightly sauteing some mushrooms, I poured in a couple of splashes, let it cook off and added to my alfredo sauce. DELICIOUS. Leftovers for lunch also good.
- Our Xbox is finally home. The zombies can run, but they cannot hide.
- Speaking of mail, it would be nice if Carl’s belated birthday present would show up already. Got a sticker on the door yesterday saying they tried to deliver. Not sure about that, since I didn’t leave the house all day.
- 8×8 is a great scrapbooking size. The California project is cooking right along.
- I’ve been working out for 25 minutes a day, 5 days a week for almost a month with the only noticeable difference being the agonized shrieks of FOR REAL from the bathroom scale in the morning. Those are new.
- On the other hand, I’m eating fettucini alfredo for lunch. The element of surprise is possibly lacking in this picture.
- My small group is meeting tonight, and I’m really looking forward to the discussion time. I just haven’t read the book yet. You know how that goes.
- A while back I joined a message board for women who share some of my issues, and two weeks ago I posted a thread. A day later, no one had responded and, feeling sort of alone, I decided to stop obsessively checking. Yesterday I finally checked the site. My thread has 133 responses. There’s something sort of Eeyorish about realizing that all these folks have been chatting it up about my topic for the last two weeks. On the other hand, I’m happy to find some people who know what I’m talking about.
- I have an afternoon with no set plans. I can’t believe how rich this makes me feel.
Happy weekend, everybody!