Nothing like a little February vacation daydreaming. We’re heading to Florida next month for a little sunny R&R, but I like planning vacations almost as much as going on them, so I have a handful of dream trips that range anywhere from feasible to ludicrous.
I’m ok with both.
Here are my top 5 these days:
- Cliche, yes, but also awesome. I want to go some place tropical—say Hawaii or French Polynesia—and spend an entire week doing nothing. I love historical/museum/cultural vacations, but we’ve over-planned our last couple of trips and could use a relaxing one soon. We tried to do this on our honeymoon, but Carl had a really horrible flu for the first couple days of our h-moon. I’m voting for a do over.
- St. Petersburg & Moscow. I’ve been fascinated since reading a bunch of Russian novels in college. So much history. So far removed from my normal life.
- New York City & Washington. Carl and I have both been, but it’s been years and years since I was in D.C. and Carl was in NY for work and didn’t get to see much of the city. One of my goals in life is to spend some quality time in the Smithsonian museums, so a combo trip would work nicely.
- Ireland. I keep seeing pictures. I keep drooling.
- Seattle and the Pacific Northwest. This one is looking especially tempting now that we have family in Washington. I’d love to see the coast up there too.
What’s on your dream radar these days??